Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Baker is Born

Well, I'd write more if there was anything really to write about.

Last night, sweet Laney just wouldn't go to sleep. She kept trying to come and get in bed with husband and me, and one time we let her stay for a little while. Her daddy kept telling her to go back to her room, so eventually she went. I went in to check on her later, and she asked if she could get in bed with us. I, of course, blamed it on Daddy and said, "Daddy said no." Her response? "Well, we could get a new Daddy!"

Daddy went to fetch her as soon as I told him. Spoiled.

I tried a version of the sticky chicken recipe that's posted all over the internet, and it was yummy. I also made my second batch of homemade rolls...this one a knock off of Lambert's recipe (you know, "home of the throwed roll) and they were an ounce shy of yummy. Fine, but not outstanding. Today I made Caramel Apple Breakfast Pudding, but I don't know if it's yummy or not since it's supposed to sit in the fridge for night before cooking. I'll tell you about it later.

My rennovated kitchen has unleashed a baker in me! Who knew!

No comments: